Sunday 29 January 2012

Chomsky and Hiphop..

''Consumption distracts people. You cannot control your own population by force, but it can be distracted by consumption. The business press has been quite explicit about this goal.'' Noam Chomsky
via Dedroidify

I have plunged myself right into the deep end of the spectrum (if a spectrum has a deep end?) with Noam Chomsky's 'Hopes and Prospects' which is a truly eye-opening read, albeit a bit hard to digest at my level of world political knowledge and its vocabulary, etc. But I am getting through it...slowly. It really does bring to light many of the aspects that are wrong with the world we live in.

This brings me onto another point...the fact that when you enter the world of 'esotericism' and suchlike, when you find out that the world isn't a happy jolly place where everybody lives happily side by side, slurping coke's, surfing facebook from their iPad (they've even got me doing that fucking capital P!) and eating a McDonalds, it is easy to get overwhelmed by it, I know I sure did, and still do find myself in this situation.

One of my friends, who partly got me into this alternative mode of thinking and looking at the world around me said that 'We all have keep our positive energy because their negativity will run you down'. Or something along those lines... and I think it is very true. Its so easy to think that because the world is so messed up, and it is messed up, that there is no point in trying to do anything about it. What is crucial to remember, I think, is that, yes you may seem insignificant, but even just knowing about something on a scale that big is a positive thing. Then its just about doing what you can in whatever way you can, in my case I tried to start a blog with the hope people might read it, tell their friends and perhaps gain a slightly better understand of whats really going on.

Referring back to one of my favourite musical artists; Akala. He states on his album 'DoubleThink' that 'every empire on this Earth has fallen'. This is a statement of great importance, to both the 'elite' and everybody else, as it holds the key to events that a substantial amount of people believe will happen this very calendar year...

No comments:

Post a Comment